Sunday, October 4, 2015

A500.8.3.RB - Good Presentation Design
A good presentation is not always what I have thought a good presentation should have been. A good presentation should have less. The way that I view presentations in the past has been to put the information that you are presenting in the presentation. The reality of this statement is that the opposite is true. The less you have in your presentation the better your presentation will be. That isn't to say that a presentation should be blank or have meaningless. The presentation needs to drive home the major point but also to do it in the most practical way.
I think that a good presentation should be all about symmetry,with the entire presentation flowing and everything working together. The audience can't get distracted by what is on the screen and stop listening, but also just listening to a presentation the audience can lose focus. One can do this through the use of proper slides that don't overwhelm the audience but still drive home the major point. I think that's where I have always gone overboard with the presentations. I always try to fit everything that I am saying onto the screen for everyone to read.   
One of the most interesting things that I learned about is clutter and empty space of a presentation. I have always tried to make empty space my presentation useful by filling it in with pictures or funny sayings, just something to fill that void. In reality empty space is just another tool to be used when you are trying to make clarity. There is a type of clarity that comes from having an open space presentation that you are more focused and not overwhelmed.
With this new view, I think that I can make better and more efficient presentations.  Now I know  that a presentation should have less in the slide and more of the single most important point. The picture in the presentation should correlate with what I am saying and that empty space is a tool to be used for focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment