When this class first started I thought from the title
that it was going to be about researching journal articles, leadership and
analyzing those articles. This class was more about setting up a base of what leadership
is along with some research. The critical thinking in this course has helped me
a lot to see the flaw that I had in my critical thinking. One of the most
important aspects of this critical thinking, I thought was the fallacies. I
thought I knew a lot about what a fallacy was but what I didn't understand was
that there were so many different kinds of fallacies.
To improve on my experience in this class I think I
could have spent more time building an outline. I think to improve on a lot of
the mistakes I made an outline would have made all of my thought flow better
and I would have gained a better insight to what I was trying to say. I thought
that if I was able to just write whatever came to my mind that it would flow
and it would come natural. But the contrary was true, I found myself having to
go back and alter and shift my thoughts to get papers to flow better.
The feedback and support for this class was second to
none. I have been through a few college classes now and this class is at the
top for feedback. I think that the discussions were great. If there wasn't enough
information, questions were asked to get a conversation going. To get
additional support for this class I think that a better understanding of APA
format needs to be addressed. After a few assignments that needed APA format I
had to look it up on Youtube to get a better understanding of what was required.
I think that the Prude site is overrated, while it is worded well it is still
hard to understand and I personally had to go outside of the site to understand
more about APA format. I think that a lot of the topics in this course are
relevant to everyday environment. There are a lot of real life applications in
this course that need to be addressed for future leaders. I think that future
courses will be easier now that I have a critical mind to attack the
information provided and understand it more.
No comments:
Post a Comment