Sunday, May 19, 2019

A641.9.3.RB - Becoming a Resonant Leader



Dear Me,

As we grow, we need to keep mind that there always needs to be an end goal. To keep a goal in mind is to grow. Without a goal, we are only wandering around aimlessly and we will not continue to improve.

The goal that we should always be going towards is mental fortitude. We need to get into the habit of being able to control our own thoughts and emotions. With mental fortitude. I will be able to be a better leader by control of our emotions, being more efficient and learning.

Mental fortitude is about the ability to say or think about something that we want to do and put a plan into motion. Planning is a key aspect of wanting to do something but having the mental fortitude to go do it is key. The first goal is to have better control of emotions. Emotions show plainly on our face and features. We need to keep in perspective what is on our face. Working towards this will be hard but the key is to always have in our mind what we are showing. How our emotions look on our face will direct a conversation. The first step will be anger, we need to keep it off our face and in our mind till we can really dig deep on why we feel that emotion. Keeping a neutral expression and focused on the conversation will keep the emotion off our face and we will be able to focus on the issue at hand. Your employee will feed off your emotions.

Being more efficient, means to me, that we can read a book without distractions. I constantly read a page or email and the thought of what I brought for lunch springs into my mind. Being more efficient or less distracted mentally, can be continuously worked on by addressing the times that I am distracted. When I get distracted, I need to stop and analyze why I got distracted and work towards improving my focus and mental effancy. Kim has an excellent focus, she needs to coach me in how to read without distractions. She reads constantly and gets through a lot of emails quickly.

The last goal for our personal vision is learning and being about to retain what I learn. One of the biggest learning aspect that is very important to me is spelling. I need to learning to spell and punctuate correctly. To correct this we need to follow some of the Khan academy. By completing the entire series on grammar in the next 6 months I will have vastly improved grammar. Carl is always commenting on my punctuation in emails. When he stops replying to my emails with grammar corrections, I know I will have achieved my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment